On November 7th we the special opportunity to serve side by side with our children as we prepare shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. We will meet at 10am at Derwood Bible Church to assemble the boxes.
1. Decide to pack a shoebox or two (we'll provide the box!).
2. Select the type of child you would like to prepare a shoebox(es) for:
- Boy or Girl
- Age range: 2-4 or 5-9 or 10-14
- TOYS (small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos,jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch®, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), Slinky®, etc.
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES (pens, pencils and sharpener, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- HYGIENE ITEMS (toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
- OTHER (Hard candy and lollipops (please double bag all candy), mints, gum, T-shirts, socks, ball caps; sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)Come to the November 17 playdate at DBC.
- DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snowglobes or glass containers; aerosol cans
***Click here for a handy dandy printable from Samaritans Purse with everything you need to know about packing a shoebox.***
4. Bring your goodies to DBC on November 7th at 10AM and fill up a shoebox.
5. Don't forget $7.00/box for shipping. You can put it directly in your box OR donate online and track your shoebox! If you donate online, you need to do this BEFORE you come on November 7th. They will give you a printable label to affix to your box that will allow you to track the box to its final destination.
6. Don't forget to pray for your shoebox recipient(s).
We will provide: shoeboxes, labels (click on clipart and scroll to find the labels), direction for packing the boxes, coloring sheets (click on clipart and scroll to find the coloring sheet) for inside the boxes, rubberbands for the outside of the boxes, and a snack for all box packers!